Tuesday, March 26, 2013

St Paddy's in Dublin!

The day that I have been waiting months for finally came and quickly went. St. Paddy's Day, one of my favorite holidays, even though I am not one ounce Irish! I love celebrating St. Patrick's Day in Boston, I always seem to have so much fun partying with all of the Irish people who are in Boston, or claim to be at least. When I found out that I would be in Dublin for St. Patrick's Day I was elated! What better place to celebrate, right?

This St. Patrick's Day was extra extra special since my best friend Matt was coming to Dublin for the weekend. Matt is studying in London, so we haven't seen each other since the beginning of January. I could NOT wait for him to come and for St. Patrick's Day weekend. Knowing our curse of bad luck, something went wrong which delayed Matt's arrival. We seriously have a curse put on us. Someone hates us up there let me tell you. But thankfully he got here in one piece.

The weekend started on a great note and we celebrated at Flannery's Friday night. It was so awesome because all of my friends had guests so it was such a great night with all of us together<3. Matt and I saw OZ the next day and had a great day together in the city UNTIL we went to the Jameson distillery and the tickets were sold out..sooooo bad luck struck again.

St. Patrick's Day was so fun although I have to say that I think Boston does it better. I think I just built it up so much in my head, which lead to being disappointed. I did have a great time though and Matt made it extra special which is all I couldve asked for. It was great to see such Irish pride and everyone come together and just get drunk and dance in the streets, so it was a great experience. I guess not many people could say that they were in Dublin for St. Patricks Day, I am a very lucky gal.

I got a bit sick from that weekend but I am on my way to recovery, slowly but surely. Easter is this weekend..I have some tricks up my sleeve but I can't fill you in just yet..shhhh its a secret ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment