Monday, September 30, 2013

Stressed out September

Thankfully September is rolling out because September literally felt like three months. School has been pretty stressful already which doesn't give me much hope for the rest of it but I am trying to stay hopeful! I think that this has been the most difficult adjustment, coming from Dublin to Northeastern. I am trying to prioritize and to focus but I am finding it extremely difficult to not day dream about only having less than two semesters left..meaning only two semesters left of homework ever again in my life!

Co-op is also coming up for me next semester which is further adding to the stress that September is bringing. Debating to do CO-OP in Boston vs. NY has been a struggle for me but i am focusing my decision not on the place but on the job. Decisions, decisions.... I recently have had this idea in my head of living abroad after I graduate. I am thinking of London but I really don't know what will be in the cards. I really just want to do something out of the ordinary before I have a family and a career, the travel bug isn't out of my system yet but I really don't think that it will ever leave.

I was thinking the other day of how thankful that I am that I started traveling at such a young age. I really think its so important for students to start traveling early on in their lives. Once you travel, your mind set really does change and life after that isn't really the same. All of my abroad experiences have influenced each other and pushed me to want to see more and more of the world. I've seen a lot for only being 21 but I am still so curious to what else is out there and now I'm more curious as to what life would be like to not only live abroad for a longer period of time but to work abroad as well. I am very grateful to have chosen a college that supports and encourages studying abroad as much as Northeastern does. I don' think any other school would have enabled me to go abroad 3 times in less than 4 years. I have to say that all of those experiences made my college experience what it is and I really wouldn't trade a moment for anything. From all of these experiences who would have thought that I may possibly end up living abroad for a bit? Its crazy and scary to think about but I think that moving abroad for a bit would really open my eyes to a broader picture and really challenge me personally and professionally.

Exciting things are to come but for the present I have to really focus in on getting to my goals and not lose sight of what is important even though it may be hard to see right now. Good things come to those who wait and I have no choice but to wait about 2 years
.. so hopefullyALL of my dreams will come true (or some would be okay with me )

Updates soon!!

Briana

No comments:

Post a Comment