Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Keeps getting better

Just when I thought I have reached Cloud 9 in Dublin, I was thrown to an even higher cloud after my trip last weekend to Scotland. On Friday my friends and I took a very early flight to Glasgow, Scotland where our adventure began. I visited Scotland before when I was 13, but I knew that this would be a much different experience.

Glasgow was so beautiful and modern. There was a brightness to it that really excited me. The most simplest of things were so beautiful..The Apple store looked like a museum with stone pillars and high arches; it was unreal. We spent Friday and Saturday in Glasgow and were lucky enough to stay with friends who were studying abroad at the University of Glasgow which is the inspiration for Hogwarts. It was incredible and I hate to admit it but I kind of pretended to be Hermione...shh don't tell anyone that.

On Sunday we took a train to Edinburgh, which completely blew me away. I felt like I was in a painting, the scenery was too beautiful for words. I had an amazing day, we walked all over Edinburgh and walked up the Scott Monument..I thought I was going to die in there of claustrophobia but it was worth the 3 pounds to say I did it..all 287 steps worth.

On the train back to Glasgow I was just looking out the window and my friend Claire and I started talking about how lucky we are to be studying abroad and traveling to these amazing places. I am such a lucky girl and this trip has made me feel even more grateful to be alive but to actually live. I could cry thinking about it because I am just so happy..I really don't think I've been this happy ever but I am happy that I have found happiness in such a great place and among some beyond amazing people.

Coming from New York, its hard for me to slow down and enjoy the moment..I am always running around thinking about the future and whats coming next and what I should look forward to but honestly   I haven't appreciated where I am in the moment at all. Right now I am going to enjoy the moment..my life is great right now and yea, my future and next semester and even next month are going to be great BUT today is amazing and I want to soak in every second and every experience possible.

Cheers
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment